استوریج Data Domain 690g
دسته: دستهبندی نشده
استوریج Data Domain 690g
- Massive Data Reduction: Driven by Data Domain’s fast, inline deduplication technology, Global Compression, the Gateway Series offers an average 10-30x data reduction for backup images, enabling cost-efficient, long-term retention.
- Fully Compatible with All Leading Enterprise Backup and Archiving Applications: Data Domain deduplication storage systems work with incumbent backup and archiving applications and support virtual tape library (VTL), Symantec OpenStorage (OST), or NAS-style interfaces.
- Supports Leading External Storage Systems: The Gateway Series supports SAN-attached and direct attached connectivity with storage systems from several leading enterprise storage providers.
- High Throughput and Extended Retention: The Gateway Series delivers up to 2.7 TB/hr of throughput and offers data protection capacities up to 1.7 PB per gateway enabling months of online retention ensuring fast and reliable data recoveries from disk.
- Local and Remote Site Data Protection: The Data Domain Replicator software option enables Data Domain systems to function as a network-efficient solution for moving data offsite for disaster recovery (DR), remote office data protection and multi-site tape consolidation.
- Advanced Data Integrity: Data Domain’s Data Invulnerability Architecture provides the best defense against data integrity issues to continuously verify, detect and protect against data recoverability issues throughout the life cycle of the data.
Today’s traditional disk backup systems go no further than providing a front-end to a tape library infrastructure with a fast cache, temporarily alleviating backup window problems. They fail to replace tape automation technology because they lack the requisite economic and operational qualities. Traditional disk cannot cost-effi ciently retain backup and archive data for any length of time, and the data is too large to be replicated over a Wide Area Network (WAN).
Data Domain, an EMC company, has revolutionized disk backup and remote offi ce data protection with patented high-speed, inline deduplication. Backup data can be reduced in size by an average of 10-30x, so disk backup storage is now cost-effective for long-term onsite retention and highly effi cient for network-effi cient offsite replication to disaster recovery sites.
Scalable Deduplication Storage
Massive Data Reduction – The Data Domain Gateway Series offers the industry’s highest throughput and most scalable deduplication storage systems for disk backup and network-based disaster recovery (DR). The Gateway Series complements the Data Domain Array Series and Appliance Series by optimizing storage capacities for environments that want to use third-party enterprise storage systems for long-term retention. Using Data Domain high-speed inline deduplication, the Gateway Series offers an average of 10-30x data reduction for enterprise recovery images, enabling costeffi cient retention on disk for high-speed and more reliable recoveries.
Scalable Data Protection – The Gateway Series offers data protection capacities up to 1.7 PB of logical storage per gateway for a typical enterprise data set and backup policy. With its high performance system architecture Data Domain gateways offer up to 2.7 TB/hour of throughput, signifi cantly exceeding LT0-4 performance.
Easy Integration Into Existing Infrastructures
The Gateway Series is qualified with leading enterprise backup and archive software and with storage systems from several leading enterprise storage providers. The gateway easily integrates into the existing infrastructure without change for either data center or distributed offi ce data protection. Use the Gateway Series to protect all enterprise application and home directory data.
Multi-Site Disaster Recovery
Connect the gateway to your backup software’s media server as either a fi le server via Ethernet, as a virtual tape library (VTL) via Fibre Channel, or via Symantec OpenStorage. It takes just minutes to start backing up and recovering data. If required, duplicate to tape using your existing software for offsite and archive support, or use Data Domain Replicator for network efficient movement of data to another site for disaster recovery, remote offi ce data protection or multi-site tape consolidation.
With Data Domain deduplication technology, backup data sets are effectively shrunk by 99%, to a size where network-based replication is operationally feasible. For other data protection workloads, simply copy and paste files or use an archiving application to move data to the system.
Ultra-Safe Storage For Reliable Recovery
Data Domain Data Invulnerability Architecture provides the industry’s best defense against data integrity issues. Continuous recovery verification along with extra levels of data protection continuously detect and protect against data integrity issues during initial backup and throughout the data lifecycle. Unlike any other enterprise array or file system, each gateway ensures recoverability is verified and then continuously re-verified.
Data Domain systems are very simple to install and manage resulting in lower administrative and operational costs. All Data Domain systems have an automatic call-home system reporting capability, called autosupport, which provides email notification of complete system status. This non-intrusive alerting and data collection capability enables proactive support and service without administrator intervention, further simplifying ongoing management.